Jeri O'Hara Golf Academy
Group Golf Lessons
Due to current safety regulations, classes now have a maximum of 6 participants.
All chipping and putting sessions are currently on hold. As restrictions are lifted, these classes will resume again. For further information, contact Jeri.
The popular Drop-in Classes (Thursdays 12:00 – 1:00 and Saturdays (9:00 – 10:00am) will resume April 3rd, 2021.
The Group Full Swing Evening Series will also resume April 20th. Contact me for dates, more information and to register.
Beginner Full Swing: $140
Join Jeri O’Hara in a fun class where you will be inspired to get yourself ready for Playing Golf. Review of the basics and individual attention are provided in SMALL GROUPS (4 – 6). Clubs can be provided if necessary.
When you join Jeri O’Hara for your golf lessons, you can expect the following:
- Small groups (4 – 6)
- Clubs to use if necessary
- Individual attention based on :
- Your physical condition (prev. injuries, surgeries, fitness level)
- Your learning style/preference (how you learn best)
- YOU and your needs and abilities (vs. a cookie-cutter model approach)
- Drills and exercises for you to practise
- An explanation of what is required to be successful at golf (making the most of what you have)
- To have a lot of fun
- To meet other like minded golfers
You will receive coaching on:
- Club options
- How each club is used in the game & choices you can make (irons, woods, hybrids)
- Pre-shot set-up for success
- How to get more distance
- How to make the ball travel in the direction you want
- How to consistently get the ball “up in the air”
- Different swings for different situations
- Where to go golfing and what to expect
- How to have fun at golf (including playing with partners)
- How to transfer what you learn on the range to using it on the course
Beginner Short Game: $100
CURRENTLY ON HOLD
Join Jeri O’Hara in a fun class where you will be introduced to the principles of putting and chipping on an authentic green at the beautiful Northlands Golf Course. Clubs can be provided if necessary.
Not only will you be learning the Short Game (putting & chipping) principles of the game in the environment where the game is played but also on and around authentic greens where you will experience every situation that you will on a golf course. (different grass, lies, approaches and conditions) .
You will spend your lesson learning “how” to practise what you have learned so that the learning can be transferred to the golf course in a real game. You will learn how to use different clubs successfully for chipping in order to get different results (like you need to do when playing golf).
Learn why some people only use one club around the green and others make a choice between several. Learn why some people putt and some people chip. You will learn what different wedges are used for.
The short game (putting, chipping, pitching and short irons) represent approximately 70% of your strokes and yet this is the part of golf where there is the least amount of attention paid.
You will experience realistic lies, hills, slopes, grass conditions like you find “out there”. Time will be spent assisting you to align the shot correctly paying attention to how “you” see and analyze the situation. Proper set up is covered in order that you can easily execute your putting stroke.
The final (3rd) lesson will be a 4 hole playing lesson where you will get to try out your new skills on the course. These lessons are conducted approximately 1.5 hours before dusk when the course is quiet. A green fee of $20 will be required for this lesson.
Because of the small groups, you will receive individual attention which will help you to gain skills and improve quicker than if in a large group. You will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
I look forward to working with you.